- About us
- News & events
Download the invitation here: Link
World Bioenergy Association is pleased to invite the Board and Members to the WBA Annual Meetings 2019 in Georgia, USA during April 29 – May 03. The Annual Meetings are an excellent opportunity for the international bioenergy community to network and exchange ideas and best practices in promoting the sustainable development of bioenergy.
We are pleased to have USIPA (US Industrial Pellets Association) as partner for this event.
The itinerary is attached below:
April 28: Arrival in Atlanta, Georgia
April 29: Departure to Savannah, Georgia. Site Visit 1 – Pellet Mills and Forest Sites
April 30: Site Visit 2 – Savannah Port Facility and Pellet Mills. Departure to Athens, Georgia
May 01: WBA Annual Meetings 2019. ORNL and IEA Bioenergy Task 43 Workshop
May 02: ORNL and IEA Bioenergy Task 43 Workshop
May 03: Departure to Atlanta, Georgia // End of Meetings
Delegates are requested to make their own flight arrangements. The recommended airport is Hartsfield Jackson Atlanta International Airport.
Delegates should make their own hotel accommodation. A list of recommended hotels is provided below.
April 28 – Stay in Atlanta.
April 29 – Stay in Savannah
April 30, May 01, May 02 – Stay in Athens
WBA will arrange local transportation from hotel to site visits and meetings etc. for the delegates. More information will be sent later.
We request all to register your interest here: http://eepurl.com/gbFo3j
Please visit the respective US Embassies in your country to know about appropriate visa procedures. If required, an invitation letter will be issued to aid your applications.
For any clarifications, please contact us: +46 8 441 70 84 // firstname.lastname@example.org
We recommend the Midtown or Downtown area if the group will like to sightsee a bit:
· W Atlanta Midtown - $230/night
· Loews Atlanta - $240/night
· Westin Peachtree Plaza - $240/night
· Omni Atlanta - $299/night
· Ritz Carlton Atlanta - $290/night
Because the stay in Atlanta is short and the group will have just arrived from long flights, staying near the airport is also an option:
· Westin Atlanta Airport - $140/night
· Hilton Atlanta Airport - $180/night
· Hampton Inn Savannah Historic District - $220/night
· Hyatt Andaz Savannah - $240/night
· The Marshall House - $220/night (please note this property is smaller and books up quickly, it is possible to get a better rate if willing to prepay)
· Cotton Sail Hotel - $260/night
· Springhill Suites Athens Downtown/University - $180/night
· Hilton Garden Inn Athens Downtown - $150/night