The Asian biomass market is expected to continue heating up.
Current and forecast biomass demand from South Korea and Japan has left many suppliers in the region scrambling to keep up. More than 100 biomass industry stakeholders gathered in Singapore in 2016 to examine sustainable business models in a bid to ensure availability and stability of affordable crop and wood residue supplies.
The programme in 2017 will focus on the value chain of the wood pellets and palm biomass markets, providing a glimpse into key suppliers, manufacturers, distribution channels, as well as the interaction of suppliers and buyers with consumers. Participants will be able to evaluate the competitive landscape and identify new business opportunities.
Get your questions answered
- What is the necessary quality and certification of wood pellets from southeast Asia?
- How will the role of palm biomass evolve within Japan’s sourcing strategy?
- Are black pellets worth the investment? What is the market potential and price outlook?
- How do biomass producers manage operational challenges such as traceability, transport, safety and fire management while minimising logistical costs?
- Will regional growth in biomass power generation curtail the volumes available for exports?
View the agenda here